Malls and Bookstores - What a perfect combo!

 As an anime nerd, I tackled various malls and bookstores just for the kicks. Everytime I visit a store that sells anime merch or something close to it, I always fantisize about my anime series being sold at these stores. So I took the liberty in jotting down each store on Google Docs and began to pin point which stores were fitting with the theme of my merch to Dragoma Inferno. Not only I decide the stores, I also talked to various workers there that love the same thing I do. Not in the sense of creation but fanning over their favourite shows or figures sold. 

So, to start with, I visited Five Below to see all of the knick knacks.


 A Nezuko silicone keychain placed right next to an almost Infernolab themed wallet. I didn't get the wallet since it was checkered instead of the original black color scheme. But I did get the Tanjiro keychain (will be pictured soon on my previous DS post). Lurking behind Nezzy is the speedy blue hedgehog we all love, Gotta go fast - ah, I mean Sanic - Sonic. Lol.

 

And here we come to more DS merch that I wasn't completely aware of. Funko Minis! I immediately snapped Tanjiro and Giyu, donning different expressions. Kamado is lookin fierce as if he's ready to slice and dice a demon apart, while Giyuu is derpy during his water breathing pose. All in all, this is a perfect merch for my Dragoma Inferno series as well. Imagine a Funko mini Dante Ryuzaki! 


 As usual, Five Below sells some manga. And I'm surprised to see volume 2 of Attack on Titan here. As a Five Below exclusive, its pretty cheap for a manga to be priced half of it's original cost. Mikasa's slice and dice on the Titan looks absolutely majestic. (Edit: I recently bought the volume for no reason at all.)


The back cover of vol 2. That titan indeed looks creepy as hell! and boy does it possess heterochromatic eyes!


Some insight information behind the wall mounted cannons they use against the Titans. Pretty good inspiration for weapon or other detailed info for my Dragoma Inferno manga! 


 And here we come to the heart twisting scene of the kidnappers that wanted to murder Mikasa and her family. Good thing Eren was there to protect her and motivated her to fight against them without any fear. I believe this scene also appears in the anime around episode 3? I need to double check but all in all, it gave me yet inspiration for my series where Jason protects his mother from an Toledan stranger. Tidbits about my anime / manga scene that is not to be revealed yet.


Funny enough, I found a nasty booger on this page. That's incoherent buffoonery.


Set behind a bunch of other anime stickers is the Final Season sticker set from - you guessed it - Attack on Titan! The set includes 4 sticker sheets (2 normal and 2 glittery) of the all of the characters from the Final Season in their normal and chibi poses! It also includes 3 key art posters from the series so I don't have to custom cut the images I printed out. And yes, I had to purchase them for my scrapbooking.


    Sitting in between a Bleach hat and a guide to draw manga was the Trends Demon Slayer Mosiac posters featuring Zenitsu and the key art to the Mugen Train movie. I did previously buy the one that has both Tanjiro and Emmu on it through I kept Tanjiro and I'm currently selling the Emmu poster on my ebay store. I also got a good frame for it too from Wal-Mart for only 8 bucks! What a deal! 


A Jujutsu Kaisen puzzle I spotted on the same shelf. Never been a fan though I do find the anime unique and interesting.


More Trends poster books for $5. I bought my Attack on Titan one for a good 10 bucks on ebay.


  Five Below is a treasure trove for posters! 


Speaking of posters, just to my luck is another Demon Slayer poster featuring the 12 Hashiras! I so had to get this for my poster collection. 


Next I swept into Walmart because my mom was bragging for more groceries. I secretly disappeared without her knowledge towards the electronics aisle where I was met face to broken screen with this poor HP laptop. Someone must have punched his anger into the display, boy, it's cracks have seeped out the unhappy black ink blobs. Not me. I just snapped the image for this blog.


 As usual I find myself magnetically in the manga section where I suddenly spot the Demon Slayer coloring book. I decided not to get it.


And not to forget Demon Slayer vol 1 along with the Rengoku / Giyu side story manga. Spoiler alert: I did get myself the Stories of Flame and Water manga since the chibi comics at the end highly inspired me to place my own: The Infernolabratorians at the very end of each volume to Dragoma Inferno. :)


As usual, I found Attack on Titan mangas further down the row. I'm still waiting until my library orders another copy of Vol 1 since a certain someone in my town is keeping it permanently without paying the price. The Omnibus is a deal though I didn't get it. I'm happy that my local library has the Omnibus volumes on order as well. :)


Well, lookie here! I find Levi on the cover of his own manga series, Attack on Titan No Regrets. His own backdrop story where we learn of his origins of living in the underground and how he was picked by Erwin to join the Survey Corps. The anime portrays it differently. Kenny finds him, takes care of him, and trains him until he ready to fight in the outside world above the Underground. 


Summary. I never read the manga yet so I'd have to to do that once I'm finished with the AoT manga series. Plus, the idea behind No Regrets have given me good inspirations for Jason Bardis starring in his own origin series, Dragoma Inferno The Shadow Fox. If interested, here is the article I wrote on the Dragoma Wiki.


More mangas including Demon Slayer vol 3 and the Fire and Water book. I'm surprised they're so cheap at this point!


Annnnd, yes, I did buy the stickers and Volume 1 of AoT No Regrets! As for Volume 2, I got it off of Ebay for 5 bucks (That's a splendid price for a 10 dollar manga!) But, I consider my copy very special since it was shipped from Toledo, Ohio. The friend of mine whom I'm partnering for my anime series is from that exact same location, so it would be cool to see him sign Vol 2 of AoT No Regrets.  


Next I stopped by Barnes and Nobles. And found another copy of my Honda Civic in white and a hybrid on the parking lot. Oh boy, I immediately sprang out and started to take pictures. 


And there's the back of the twin Civics. Very rare to see doppelganger cars around here.


First thing I saw on the shelf in the toys building aisle was the BattleBots Rivals set between Hypershock and Rusty. Boy, 50 bucks was quite expensive so I'm planning on saving 30 bucks and getting Hypershock alone. Will Bales never disappoints with his robot. 


Eren Yeager figure I found by the anime figures aisle. Final Season appearance, he still looks fly af, but don't trust his instincts on blowing up the world with his Founding Titan, k?


 More Attack on Titan mangas I found on the rack. Including the Colossal Editions.


Another close up of Vol 1 with the Omnibus series and The Best of AoT.


No Regrets in color. I'm surprised that this goes for 25 bucks brand new.


Found a Marvel Studios Character Encyclopedia. I didn't even know what they made these! I began flipping through the pages, deeply enveloped by each hero and villain until I stumble across -




Dr. Stephen Strange! My fav Marvel Avenger! 




You gotta love the Sorcerer Supreme!


Next I found a Spy x Family notebook for a whopping 15 bucks. The cute chibi characters set as trendy tabs inspired me to create the Dragoma Inferno version of it. :)


Found a Blue Ray copy of Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1 securely wrapped with one of those beeping anti theft devices. Oh Boy, this thing really messed up the box art to a 50 dollar DVD case!


  Here's the back of the DVD cover. For whatever reason, Barnes and Noble labeled this as 'Music' (What the heck?) Maybe an employee lacked jack squat about anime and mistakenly labeled it as music.


 Here's the spine of the DVD cover with Levi's face on it!


The Official anime art book to Demon Slayer. I frankly have not flipped through this book though it does look very interesting.



And finally this is what I came for! The AoT coloring book! Includes popular illustrations and moments from the manga itself. Plus it also includes fun puzzles and jokes according to the official description (which are really hard to solve btw.) 


 
Apart from the detailed sketches of our beloved characters, the only thing that I found hilarious in the book was naming random abnormal titans running rampage across Shiganshina. "Butt crack" and "Trollface" was one of them. Call me stupidly hilarious.


 The back of the coloring book depicts Eren in battle against the Colossal Titan. "It's been years. We finally meet again."


Next I find a set of not complete AoT mangas - presumably Season 3 and 4 (including the Final Chapters) I haven't gotten to the mangas yet since I'm already 6 episodes in on the 1st season of the anime. As rule of thumb, it's commonly done in reverse.


I already covered this in my previous post where I first found this in Walmart during my vacation in Mexico. I feel intrigued to try it out.



A popular language among anime enthusiasts is (you guessed it already) Japanese! I only know the 'No' symbol which means the or a photonically. I also know a few words such as Konichiwa - Hello, Arigato - Thank you, Sayonara - good bye, Sabara - Farewell, I or me - Watashi (Female) Boku des (Male)


More books about German. I know half the language yet I struggle to talk to a real live German person. Don't ask.


Who doesn't love travel books? I do! B&N had a variety of travel books including my favourite European countries!


 Switzerland. The country I was born in. I still love it to this day. Beautiful but expensive to visit. I flipped through all of the sights and sounds through out the book: the Basel cathedral, ancient libraries, modern museums, emerald grassy hills, crystal blue green lakes and rivers, the annual Carnival parades, soccer stadiums, Christmas markets. I just defined my country to you in less than 10 words. 


 Its been long since I read the Percy Jackson series. The book to the left is the newest in the Olympians arc, where Percy is in college yet he's still dueling against Greek monsters. I already have the Ultimate Guide (Its been long since I didn't flip through that.) and read the Heroes of Olympus series. 


 The Heroes of Olympus box set with god awful art of every iconic character. Whoever illustrated the characters like this should go back to art class. I can even draw them waaayy better than this dude. No offense. 


Rick's other new book which is based on academy story akin to Harry Potter or Fire Emblem Three Houses. It's an underwater school divided into 4 different factions. I'm not gonna name them all since I didn't read the book. But it does sure look interesting. (Kind of)


More of Rick's books including the Trials of Apollo and Magnus Chase. Again, I didn't read them so I'm thinking about it.


Heading over to the calendar rack, I found an Attack on Titan 2024 calendar for only 20 bucks. It has the Final Season cast on the cover (not gonna name them. You already know them if youre an AoT fan.) 

Edit: I found one from Walmart for 10 bucks. And I bought it as well.


And that's the back of the calendar with all of the months depicting keyart of the characters and iconic keyart as well. Monke's eyes are glowing red. Whoever knew that Zeke Yeager turned into a demonic ape? Lol.


 Best Buy was nearby so I strode to the LEGO section to find these neat sets. 


More LEGO Super Mario on the bottom shelf. I only have the poster of the first set which I snagged from Media Markt in Germany. 


Sherlock starring Doctor Strange - ah, I mean Benedict Cumberbatch. I'm surprised he played the role of Sherlock in this 2010 series. Gosh, I was kinda young to be aware of this series.


More video game merch including a Nintendo Switch case, A Metroid Dread 2 pack Amiibo set (Samus vs the E.M.M.I), and finally a HUGE display statue of Link's shield sporting the Triforce and the Eagle (Zelda fans, please flame me. I really don't know what that's called. Please bear with me!)


More video game plushies. A Wednsday plush (goth girl to the left), Sanic, a enemy from Super Mario, Micheal Myers mask, Gargfield, and a really plump Kirby.


Lastly I found Spider man No way home on Blu Ray. 


Annnd that's the back of it. I watched this movie when I vacationed in Mexico. I'm lucky that my room had a TV which was capable of streaming Netflix, so I was a die hard Marvel fan at that time, watching 6 MCU movies in a row.

Whelp, that ends my post for this one!

Until Next time! Falco276 out! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Beyblade Library! (+ MFB movie shrine)

Kimetsu No Aima! (Everything Demon Slayer)

Downtown was alright