Kimetsu No Aima! (Everything Demon Slayer)


 

Holy moly, where do I begin? So, let me explain. I became a fan of the hit 2016 anime Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba just because of my OC from Dragoma, Dante Ryuzaki is a huge fan of it. Almost all of the merch that I bought here in Mexico is identical to the ones that he currently owns in his room. 

Ranging from keychains, lanyards, posters, to Lomo cards, figures, and even drawings, I have now become a mild fan of Demon Slayer because of the characters. They're cute like Nezuko sitting in the basket. I'm surprised at how the merch is elevating in popularity despite it having only 2 seasons ended in 2019. Or was that the manga? I can't remember. Anyhow let's start with the merch shall we?


So I got these Demon Slayer stickers from various mall stores. The first three (Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Rengoku) was bought from Plaza Americanas during their annual Otaku Bazaar event. Tons of people attended, so many anime booths and merch. Funny enough, I found someone cosplaying as Rengoku, sipping on his soda at the food court with Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

 


After a JPOP performance on stage, I wandered into one of the Panini stores that had an enormous poster cover of Demon Slayer volume 1 manga. There I surprisingly
 found a Ouija board along with some Beyblade Burst Rise. (Draciel Fortress and Dranzer?) It's sad I didn't record or take picture because the store was populated with people. 

The other stickers were bought at the store right next to this one. The guys inside were pretty chill with my vlogging so they allowed me to record in their store. And that's when I purchased the remaining stickers: Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Rengoku and Shinobu. Yep, I even bought Levi just for the kicks. The remaining ones are shirt tags from various shirts I bought from Suburbia.


So I got these figures from the Fashion Colors store at the mall. With the exception of Rengoku. I got him from Aqui Toy. Though off brand, they still look super duper cute! The paint job and details are extremely pristine, it looks like an official figure released by Bandai Spirits. For Giyu, the iconic pattern on his robe is slightly irregular and smeared but everything else about him looks ok. Even for an offbrand, he doesn't look too bad. 


While shopping at Fashion Colors, I found a set of these cool lenticular stickers taped on the wall of the store. Basically a lenticular is an effect that changes the image when you tilt it in any direction. So given this type of merch, I found various anime characters that are shown in three expressions. Forgive me for the crappy lighting. I could only snap two of their expressions.


First ones Tanjiro Kamado. He looks bold and confident in the first panel but then he grows vicious against his enemies in the second! Looks just like Nezuko in demon form. Yum.


The second is Rengoku. Had to chose him because he's so awesome. Plain and simple. And I love how he's eating rice balls out of a Bento Box with chopsticks in the second panel. That's adorable.


 Whoa, Zenitsu is up to something. He's always constipated in that pose, achieving his lightning breath powers. And I added the some lighting to light up that lightning. I dare you to say that tongue twister 3 times. 


Inosuke's boar mask looks derpy as always but nonethless I love it. And no that's not his sword protruding out his forehead, it's just an overlap of the second image with the first. Can't tell what he's eating. Coconut? Mochi? That's when I call his wiki page! :]


Lastly we have Giyu Tomioka. The water hashira wielder always has a blank expression on his face. But don't make him mad! That's what you see when he raises his katana! 


Next up are the lanyards! I have a total of 8 and I'm going to use these when I work at my local library. The first two are copies of Tanjiro and Nezuko I bought from a Mini Shop near my hotel. I still remember the loud chinese pop music blaring from the overhead speakers while shopping there. 



Off topic, I even found a kids basketball hoop, the backboard shaped into a cute Shiba Inu doggo. Reminded me of the time both Dante and Galen Ryuzaki had this in their childhood.


 The next two are the iconic checkerboard pattern featuring the chibi versions of the characters. I bought these from Fashion Colors as always. The card holders feature Tanjiro and his friends plus a falling chibi Zenitsu. I always have a habit of bringing the first lanyard to Plaza Misiones mall because I loved it. The best part about these lanyards are that they feature a chibi charm of both Tanjiro and Zenitsu! Cute! 


Next set are fanarts of both Zenitsu and Tanjiro. Also purchased from Fashion Colors. I had fun bringing Zenny to my local movie theatre to watch Black Panther Wakanda Forever. Ah the memories. As for Tanjiro in his neon Tokyo wear, I picked that because it looked like a perfect base for Dante Ryuzaki. 


The last two are also from Fashion Colors. Here we have a kitty rawr Nezuko and the usual stock image of Tanjiro and his friends. The one with Nezuko has a different clip on. Insted of the hook, it's a button wraparound attached to one of those string retracting hubs (Dunno what those are actually called, lol.) The graphics on the lanyard's ribbon is rad.


 
Last in the lanyard sets are these retractable ones adorned with the same chibi charm of both Tanjiro and Zenitsu. I found and bought these three at the Mimi Shop in Plaza Misones mall. The one with Tanjiro is pretty slick, the way he holds his katana. Zenitsu's collage is absolutely a must get. Who doesn't love multiple faces of lightning powered Dorito boy? Last in this image is the WHOLE CAST of Demon Slayer. I have a tough time naming them all because multiple traditional Japanese names are hard to keep in mind. So go figure with me accomplishing 7 out of however many characters there are in this anime.


  So these are from various anime booths from various malls. I heard that these silicone 3D character keychain figures became a trend, it's hilarious to see their mistakes. My sister got Captain America once and it looked pretty cool! 

(Insert Image)

Back to my keychains, I got both Tanjiros in his normal form and his brave form. The funniest thing is, the spelling mistake is worth the laugh. Ninja Warrios? No its not Demon Slayer. It's Ninja Warrios. Wario as a ninja. Who comes up with these names?


Off topic, I also got Tom keychain and an extra eraser + pencil sharpener combo. My dad commented that Tom posed like a happy devil. The ears do look a little like horns.


 



Finally I get a Funko POP! Normally I wasn't a fan but now since I created Dragoma, I had the urge to get Tanjiro Kamado. Scouted one in Liverpool at the mall but it vanished the next day. After days, I finally found one in AKU anime store. My mom did a good job at convincing the store owner with a bargain since I was a student at a an art school. So he kindly obliged. Not bad for 15 bucks.
 

 Here we got with Tanjiro and Zenitsu as silicone keychains! I bought both of them from Aqui Toy for only 2 bucks. And I used Zenitsu to challenge my mom to copy and draw. My mom found Zenny the easiest since she adored his scared expression. 


These slick Tanjiro pens were a worth addition to my merch collection since it had those mini chibi figures as well! I'm only going to use them for my pencil cup.


 Lomo cards. Another trending anime thing in the anime world. Though unofficial, I do enjoy these for my scrapbooking. Almost all of them were bought from Fashion Colors, all 30 cards being identical. Only some randomized and had different chibi illustrations. Let's break it down, shall we?


3 of them had different art. One of them used the Mugen Train movie poster while the other two had basic stock art of the characters.


Gah! So kawaii! Yep that's chibi for you! I absolutely ADORE all of their illustrations! I love how Tanjiro has milk and cheese in his hands, Nezuko with fruit and ice cream, Inosuke with a shark and a bear, Rengoku with some stone thing (?) and a kitsune (fox)! The last three depict Zenitsu in love with Nezuko, Mitsui and grapes, and lastly Michael Jackson - Ah, I meant Muzan enjoying the evening. 

 4 of the basic cards depicts 4 of the basic characters. Nuff said....


Here we have some closeups of the characters. Inosuke tho....


And some slick portraits of each character with thier special breathing styles. I'm pretty sure that's what it's called.


Last in the Lomo cards are the misc art. It features a lot of Rengoku because who doesn't LOVE Rengoku? You gotta love that chibi version of the Mugen Train poster!



Circled around Aqui Toy and found two copies of the playing cards for 10 bucks! Published by UK company Palandone, the cards gave me some great inspiration to start my own deck for Dragoma Inferno. I even found a Demon Slayer jigsaw puzzle there but it was 15 bucks. Too pricey.


It features 54 cards in all. The back of the cards are pretty lit. It has Tanjiro's signature green checkerboard pattern along with the anime's logo.


And it features all of the characters as special cards. Tengen is the joker! 


The posters from Walmart were 6 bucks each but they are worth it. I've always dreamed of having an anime poster in my room and dream finally came true! 4 of them will be hung on my walls (framed) while the other 3 are going to be spares. 


For this poster, I found it mildly damaged when I picked it up from the poster rack in Walmart of course. I tried to convince the nice bearded guy, Ricardo (picture a smaller and younger version of Chris Hemsworth) to offer a cheaper price but I bought it at the same price anyway. Hey, it didn't look that bad.


Last on the merch list is this Tanjiro Kamado plush I bought from the anime booth at Plaza Americanas. Funny thing is, I tried to record around their booth but I was told not to do so. Bummer. 


Though offbrand, I love the fabric to his checkerboard pattern robe! It feels much better than the real plushies from Bandai. 


They did a pretty darn good job on his scar! It looks so detailed and well sewn! For an offbrand that's amazing and worth more than the crappy Bandai plushies out there. My opinion so DS fans please feel free to flame me.

In conclusion, this costed me but as for a starter anime fan, it's worth it! They make great inspirations for Dragoma Inferno. If you don't know what that is, check it out on my wiki.

https://dragoma.fandom.com/wiki/Dragoma_Inferno_(anime)

Spoiler: I NEVER WATCHED THE ANIME!  (Ok, I lied. Watched Episode 1. Gotta continue watching when I return home.)

Nowi out! :]   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Beyblade Library! (+ MFB movie shrine)

Downtown was alright