Aztech galore! (Casa Vides part 2)

 So, I'm starting this post off with an image of the exhibition at the museum of Arts in El Paso. Well, not really. Just a click bait thumbnail, lol.



It was Day 2 of my stay at the shelter here in El Paso, TX. Breakfast was served, and everyone gathered along, laughing happily. So I tagged Maria along as we once again were engrossed with Attack on Titan: Junior High. 

Leandro pestered me to play UNO with him again. I could still hear his words "Listo?" which is spanish for "Let's play?" always rang around my head for a long time. It almost became his famous motto. So, he managed to beat me out of 3 rounds of UNO, declaring himself winner with a sly almost 'cheating' smile. My mother remarked that he was on the verge of winning against the whole population in the shelter, that would make them go wow!

After Leandro dismissed me, I saw Maria quietly drawing to herself. Boy she was a talented artist. With markers and pencils in hand, she managed to top off every Demon Slayer character. She even gave Levi a new look. 

Insert Images of her notebook drawings

So I took the liberty to draw my own as well. Rengoku turned out to look like one of those cartoon baking kits at the dollar store.



Further impressed by Maria's drawings, I rewarded her with one of my girly notebooks I found on a walk where I used to live in Germany. 




 She hugged me in gratitude, feeling extremely overwhelmed with the notebook. Later on the blogs, I'll share a few of her extra drawings in the notebook.

To spend the rest of the day, I and my mom took a walk downtown when I ran into one of the volunteers, John beside the gas station. It was an unexpected bump in to see someone whom you just got to know is on the walk with you. So John introduced us to the El Paso Museum of art, where it was free of admission of course! Forget Switzerland. I tried to visit the vintage toy museum in Basel and a whopping 35 francs each person blew my socks off. C'mon. Its a vintage toy museum. Its not supposed to be that expensive to view vintage toys, right? But that's expensive for you.


  Right upon entry, my mouth hung agape towards streams of colorful ribbons suspended from the high foot ceiling. They were very exotic!



I'm not sure what these are supposed to be. According to the description, each of these wooden cabinets and their colors represent a 'stinky' theme. Names like Bad Air, Stomachache, Upset Stomach, and Colics caused me nod with interest. And no I'm not a stinky freak, lol.


Again, museums have some sort of odd sculptures that I have a hard time finding to describe. It looks to be a banner shaped cube that is painted bright yellow. Not sure what it's supposed to actually be, but I gave it a good scope and found out that its just a random shape placed on display. Hurrah for the artist. :]


Now we come to an oil painting of a vast empty road stretching across the foggy forests and plains of..... somewhere. 





These are one of the weird ones. These paintings are supposed to depict children's fables gone wrong. Meaning, they're twisted to resemble bizarre and surreal themes to their normal counterparts. I found it fascinating, lol.


 This one is pretty much a looooonnng shot. Meaning this painting was done on a 7 meter canvas, it takes me about 15 steps to complete from left to right. Needless to say, I enjoy the picturesque landscape of the El Paso mountains. Very gorgeous.


Another impressive painting that displays a beautiful forest. 



Now this one's kinda unusual. No, the palm tree is not supposed to be what you imagine, lol. Its a plain black cardstock shaped into someone relaxing underneath the palm tree against the white pages, which I presume is the water and the sky. Kind of like a 3D pop up book. I wonder how many hours it took the artist to cut in every fine detail. 


And some more random paintings hung against the wall. Of various kinds.



And some more weird statues of random historical women from ancient Europe. They do indeed make great garden statues!


Not sure what this is but I do find it fancy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Beyblade Library! (+ MFB movie shrine)

Kimetsu No Aima! (Everything Demon Slayer)

Downtown was alright