My Mom's a terrific artist (Part 2)
Resuming my mom's wonderful drawings, I lately challenged her to copy and draw with the stuff I owned ranging from keychains to lanyards. Today's topic is Marvel and I bought these two coloring books about 4 weeks ago.
I originally bought these coloring books to scan them and improve my skills in digital art. Also to garner some views and follower on my DeviantArt.
The first two are Doctor Strange figures I got from the Fashion Colors store at the mall. I'd have to say, her style is so hysterical to look at, she unbelievably got his proportions right. The first time I looked at both drawings, I ROFL'd immediately. "Not good?" she asked with laidback concern. I shook my head. "Lol, it's PERFECT haha." Though I didn't picture the Avengers base for the second Strange figure, she even then managed to copy the base and forced Strange to stand on it. Tbh, our Sorcerer Supreme looks as if he got tangled into trouble with Christine (or Gina in the animated movie)
I must say that she did a very good job with Hulk. Proportion wise, she got his wild green muscular body correct. The facial features not so much. Very little with detail. I'm guessing she got a little lazy and decided to doodle several lines for his eyes and mouth. The feet are also a red flag since that too wasn't drawn right enough. But hey, I still like it.
The close up of Ant man (Or Paul Rudd contemplating in thought) is also another drawing that I never expected my mom to master with.
Yep, that's her drawing of Black Widow. Gosh, her face looks weird but adorable at the same time. If you show this drawing to a kid, I'm sure he / she would freak out. I was quite the opposite. I couldn't stop laughing.
Thor ended up decent as expected. I thought she would mess SOME details up, but I'm rather impressed by her effort in detail. She even included the shadows as seen in the original line drawing of the coloring book.
And she did the same with Black Panther. Though not centric, I'm shocked at how much detail she can cover in a quick 10 min sketch.
Hulk returns again with the same features and details. This time I'm impressed at how my mom was able to get his muscular body again. Everything is in perfect place!
Here we come to Doctor Strange again. I specifically challenged her to do this one because the Sorcerer Supreme is my fav Avenger. And not forget his actor, Benny as well. My mom's only complaint was that she didn't have enough room to draw his legs but geez, those hands and the face tells it all. Cumberbatch approved.
Off Topic real quick, I watched the animated Doctor Strange movie made by Lionsgate and Marvel Studios. At first I read the review on Common Sense Media, stating that it's a japanese animation. I mentally laughed because Lionsgate was an american movie company. But now way did the credits lie to me. The plot was way different than the movie. I won't spoil the scenes so I suggest you to watch it. I just wish the MCU version of the movie used the animated plot. We really get to see Mordo fight against Strange and secretly ally with Dormmamu.
Last drawing in this post is Captain America. Everything seems normal except for that. The shield caught me off guard. But not bad for a 10 min. sketch. I love it as much as I love you, mom.
I also have a new watermark in which I use for my art on DeviantArt.
That's all for now.
~ Nowi out.

.png)









Comments
Post a Comment