Lots of LEGO!
We all grew up with LEGO didn't we? Thanks Denmark for creating great memories and fun with our lives using our imagination and creativity. I was a mild fan of LEGO back in my days.
I remember my brother got his first set in 2000. It was some sort of alien spaceship with green hexagon shields. And a really cool Technic sports bike set a while later. The gray body from the ship and several parts along with the wheels from the bike survived, the rest were I guess given to some our friends back in Florida.
So I recycled my ideas with the remaining parts and constructed endless creations: a tank (I only have one wheel left from that set too), a trendy car, a jumbo jet. If you want to go overboard, I remember building the Great Fox spaceship from the StarFox series. Man I remember begging my brother to let me play with it.
I made a recent video review about the Arwing from the game, complete with the original factory sounds from the 2000's alien spaceship set.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6h6baf
Drats, now that I saw the video after a long time, I'm such an idiot. The grey body is from a dragonfly that was first released in an Insectoids set back in 1998.
So where is it now? I still have it along with some newer used LEGO I found by my house. It was screaming "TAKE ME HOME" so I puffed up my jacket pockets with more LEGO bricks and rescued them from the refuse pile.
Aside from that I began to discover BattleBots in 2019, the sport of robotic combat since 1999. Thanks to Jason Bardis of BattleBots team, Infernolab, I present you his bots in LEGO form! All 8 of them in order are pictured above:
- Rampage / Bot will Eat Itself
- Dr. Inferno
- The Missing Link
- Dr. Inferno Jr.
- Mini Inferno
- Towering Inferno
- Disko Inferno
- Dante minifig
I even made an Instagram post and unboxed the set on my Dailymotion channel. (Link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8hjwlu) Geez, it's 30 minutes long but it covers each bot in detail. The manuals even provides 3D CAD drawings of the bots drawn by Jason himself. The set comes with extra goodies such as a sticker for the box and the Dr. Inferno Jr. music CD!
The items are available on the shop section of his Infernolab site but it sadly was out of stock by 2012. He briefly told me one Gmail conversation that he sold a few to fans while the rest of them were given away to another bot builder, Donald Hutson. The leader of Mutant Robots commissioned Jason to create CADs of his robots in LEGO.
Yep, that's Tazbot and Diesector!
In relation to Jason's defunct LEGO sets, I'm going to revive the LEGO line for my Dragoma series and even create some new ones as well!
I wrote an article about it on my Wiki, so feel free to checkout it's page!
https://dragoma.fandom.com/wiki/Infernolab_LEGO
Apart from my dreams of Dragoma themed LEGO, I have started becoming a mild Marvel fan. Ever since watching the Avengers, I grew attached to their merch and always visited a plethora of big box stores to find the exact LEGO sets I'm looking for.
The first one is Duel with Gargantos, the one eyed octopus monster that appeared in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (I keep getting the title mixed around, lol)
This set is on my Wishlist so that I can make Gargantos rudely interrupt a BattleBots match starring all of the Infernolab bots. It's a trendy idea since you use crossover imagination, I mean Dr. Inferno and Dr. Inferno Jr.'s got their sword and shields, so nothing happens, right? Wrong. All 8 bots are entangled in Gargantos' tentacles, causing Dante to yell in fright. That is until a portal opens and gasp! Doctor Strange, Wong, and America Chavez to the rescue! This would make a great Instagram post and Tik Tok story.
But, Nowi, where are the tools to fix them for the next BattleBots match?
Ah, that answer lies in this other set I'm looking for:
This set is the Sanctum Workshop from the movie Spider Man No Way Home. I don't know what the tools are used for here in this set but boy they do serve some purpose for fixing the Infernolab bots! And fighting against an green scorpion looking monster. I glimpsed this set in Walmart one time but I lucked out. It was too pricey. Arent all LEGO that pricey? Enjoy your stay Dante, at the Sanctum Sanctorum.
Wait, they turned Doctor Strange's residence into a LEGO set!?
No way in Naga's name they did!
Ok, this is definitely on my wishlist! I'm serious! I could do SO MANY Instagram and Tik Tok scenarios with this set! It also brings me inspiration to create the Wakefield Sanctorum for Dragoma Inferno! (More on this in a future post)
Geez, it's over a 100 bucks but I should be fit for my budget soon.
Anyhow, I'll let you know whether I do get it. It's gonna be lit!
That's all for now.
~ Nowi.




Comments
Post a Comment