Let's talk Strange!



Before I get to Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme, I just returned from the mall in Mexico! Currently vacationing until I move somewhere special. Lol, I wish I had Strange's sling ring so that I can open a portal to whereever I wanna go to. Easy peasy. But I was at the mall to kill time and boredom with my family. Visited Suburbia, a clothing department store where I marveled at the whole clearance tags on every single shirt. Ok, most of them were, but some of them I guess were new in stock for their inventory.


 

The first one I found was an Attack on Titan shirt with Levi's default pose and the Wing emblem thingy behind him. Please don't flame me! I have never watched AoT before yet I found Levi really cool! I only glimpsed a short scene of the anime when my brother and his friend were watching it two years ago. Just for the kicks, it was 30% off so I took a Medium size because I was medium I guess.

Off topic, I went shopping at Soriana, a local grocery store interconnected with Plaza Juarez mall. As I was walking ahead, I saw this middle aged mexican mom (in her 30s or 40s?), together with her two cute kids. And my gods, she was wearing an Attack on Titan hoodie! 😱 The first question I would ask if I knew Spanish is: "Omgs, Are you a fan of AoT!?" She would look extremely clueless as to what in the world I'm talking about. 🤣🤣🤣 I guess she just wore the hoodie without even bothering to know it's from the anime. 😅 Oh well. Still a hilarious moment. 😆


 

The second one was  - oh lo and behold, another AoT shirt with Levi on it again! The japanese kanji writing was a nice touch and I found it really epic. I have to research more on this anime since I read a short description on Wikipedia about Attack on Titan. I heard it takes place on a continent called Bob Marley. Calm down, AoT fans! It was a joke. Feel free to flame me if you wish to do so.




Here's a better scan of the image. I'm so happy to see Levi again.


 

I made a beeline around the women's section and found mom in the men's section hunting for a light jacket for my brother. Sighing, I wandered deep into the clearance section when I found (gasp!) a Marvel polka dot shirt for 30% off! Each symbol from a superhero - Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, and Black Panther are shaped into cute ice cream popsicles! I was hoping that Strange's sanctum emblem would be there too but I guess it wasn't there.




Aside from AoT and Marvel, I also bought The Seven Deadly Sins shirt featuring Meliodas on it! I Haven't watched the anime since one of the newer movies, Edinburgh's Reign caught my attention with it's detailed cell shaded animation. I was about to resume watching Beyblade Burst Surge when this movie popped up as a recommendation on Netflix. The screen laid idle for a few seconds before a preview of the movie showed up. My gods, it was official. Everything about it captured my interest. Characters, setting, story, and most important of all, the animation. It gave me a vivid idea of making my Dragoma movies cell shaded. 


 

Speaking of Doctor Strange, I watched the first movie when it came out in theatres in Switzerland (Nov 6, 2016). My mind's kinda hazy so I slightly remember the car crash scene. I never knew that Strange was a neurosurgeon. I thought he was born a sorcerer in the beginning of the movie, lol. Doctor Strange is very selfish and a bit rude in the beginning, but the development of his character learning to be more selfless is great. Read so many reviews about the movie on Common Sense Media, geez, I honestly fell in love with the movie and its script, it makes me wanna watch it again. There was some violence and swearing, so I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids, but not too much to ruin the movie. The special effects were terrific. Sequel to it is fair enough... I guess for an older audience like me. (+17)

https://movies.fandom.com/wiki/Doctor_Strange_(character)



As for the second movie, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, 99% of the movie was not ok. There was only one good scene in the movie: Dr. Strange pukes into a chimney stack after traveling through multiple dimensions with America. Also, anyone spotted a Nintendo Switch on the coffee table at Wanda's house? It was during the scene where she violently stormed out of the house and went berserk for that Darkhold spell tome, lol.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Stephen_Strange_(Earth-199999)



Backtracking to Spider Man No Way Home, I loved every bit of it! Especially the fight for the spell box between Dr. Strange and Peter through the mirror verse. The action packed scenes and plot are amazing and worth to watch again. I was surprised to see Andrew's Spiderman make an appearance halfway through the movie along with Tobey's Spiderman. Sadly I didn't see the Maguire arc so I feel a little missed out in the series. (Best one yet!) In the Sanctum Sanctorum, Doctor Strange holds a hot cocoa mug with a pictorial play on "For F**k's Sake" as "For (fox drawing)'s Sake." 😂😂😂 Don't forget about his amazing quote to MJ: "Please Scooby-Doo this shit." 🤣🤣🤣 Extra note: Excited to get the Sanctum Lab LEGO set! With the exclusive power tools included, I can finally make them build a Battlebot! 😎

The thought of Strange being played by British actor, Benedict Cumberbatch made me look up his Wikipedia article and discover how many theatrical plays, movies, and documentaries he has done since 2002. I watched several other movies and docs he has done in the past. The Penguins of Madagascar had lots of silly puns and it was worth a watch. Watched this movie on Netflix a few weeks ago and I loved it! The penguins were entertaining and hilarious! Along with the North Wind elite team led by Classifieds the Eurasian wolf (voiced by Strange himself) and the others, this movie made me laugh out loud at certain scenes. Loved the part where Skipper interrupted Classifieds with the obnoxious chews with his Cheese Puffs. And Cumberbatch's struggle with pronouncing the word 'Penguins' 😂😂😂


 

As for the documentary, Super/Natural was a hit. Watched all 6 episodes on Disney+ and I LOVED it! The narration by Cumberbatch is extraordinary, its worth to watch again! Each animal had its own characteristic based on predator / prey, survival, teamwork, compassion, and support. Minimal blood during some fight scenes but the documentary is safe for kids 7+. There was one scene during the Costa Rican Cicadas where I laughed out loud when Benny pronounced 'Schedule' to 'Shedjuel'. 🤣🤣🤣

Recently discovered some YTP's from various editors and found the comments section hilarious. Most of them butchered Cumberbatch's name.

- Benedryl Cumberpatch

- Benedryl Cumberbatch

- Beezlebub Snoodercatch

- Benevolent Conneticut

- Beaneater Crocielatch

- Cummerbund Bandersnatch

- Benedryl Cumquat

- Bendick Coccumbersbitch

If you're curious about his full name, it's Doctor Benedict Stephen Cumberbatch Strange. 

Ancient One: I pushed your ass. The place you're looking for is SH-ush. 

Alright, I'll stop with the names now. 🤣🤣🤣

Speaking of the Doctor Strange series, I'm not a fan of the comics though I have a flipped though a few of them. And I discovered a female sorcerer supreme. The Female Strange? Just like a female variation of Thor, we now have female Strange. The comic was wrapped so I missed out on the story. Anyhow, I prefer more of the MCU rather than the comics since the movies are better to understand. Ok Marvel comic fans, please feel free to flame me! It's just my personal opinion.


 Drawing not made by me.

Two more things I wanna say before I close it off. I'm writing a realistic version of a Fire Emblem Awakening fanfiction, mainly transriot's Fur story. Titled Kegawa, it's focused on Chrom and Robin in a friendship, students of University of Ylisse, and mad pet lovers. Chrom and Frederick own a russian blue cat named Lucina (Don't worry, the real Lucy's there) and both Robin and Gaius own two newfoundland dogs, Morgan and Morrigan. All FE continents, nations, and locations are mushed into one country known as Amerijapandaropesiafrica or AJRA for short. The name first derived from various Smash Bros fanfics that shared the name around like wildfire, so I decided to model the country based off of Switzerland. Some of the names and locations are in German so I hope anyone is not bothered by it. I find it a perfect fit, actually. 



The story takes place in 2022, 7 years after I published Id Purpose. And the year the movie Chrom and Robin are about to watch was released in theatres. Also this story, is Awakening centric, meaning it only centers around characters from Fire Emblem Awakening. I was thinking of including the others from the Akenia saga, Blazing Sword, Radiance, Fates, or Three Houses arc.... I might have to think about it.

In the more recent chapters, I made Robin become a big Marvel freak over Doctor Strange. I made both him and Chrom watch the first movie in theatres. 

https://archiveofourown.org/works/43846036

https://www.sparkatale.com/books/details/4237

And soon gonna send them off on a summer road trip across Bern and Hoshido where they watch the second movie at the theatres in a upscale studious shopping mall. 

Here's their nerdy selfie with the poster at the Pathe theatre. 



As for merch, I squealed in delight to see these at another mall in Mexico, mainly the Fashion Colors store where they sell tons of anime figures, Lomo cards, shirts, and other knickknacks. Aside from Demon Slayer merch (stay tuned for that in another post), I managed to buy chibi Strange, normal Strange, and a Funko Pop keychain Doctor Strange.



I love the detail on his Cloak of Levitation, they got it spot on! His listless smile, his sorcerer outfit and his pose is just perfection! You gotta love the doctor! The keychain funko was 6 bucks for its worth but nevertheless I love it! Gonna use him along with chibi Strange as decorations on my bookshelf. Though Strange to the left looks a little bit peachy than his chibi version, I still love them all the same.

Other Doctor Strange merch on my wishlist includes:

  • The Junior Novel
  • Sticker book
  • Legends set of Strange from SP No Way Home.
  • The Titan Heroes Multiverse set of Strange and Wanda.
  • Doctor Strange movie on DVD.
  • and finally the LEGO sets.



Hell, I even found the Electronic Eye of Agamotto in Sears but it turned out that was too expensive. Gonna get the necklace soon from eBay or Shopee. 




In other hands, I found a Thor Love and Thunder puzzle featuring Thor with Stormbreaker and female Thor with Mjolnir on it. 3 bucks was worth it! It's funny enough on how I follow Chris Hemsworth on Tik Tok. I found him and his son longboarding down a slope somewhere in Australia and commented, "Next time, skate on the Bifrost, Thor!" 
Even funnier, Paul Rudd (Ant Man) was clueless about Mjolnir and named the hammer Jonathan instead. ðŸ˜‚😂😂




I came across one Reddit post under r/engrish where a Thai or Singaporean graphics design company, Suanas? were looking to recruit students as a 2D artist position. Speak of Dormmamu, we have Doctor Strange, Sinister Strange, and Zombie Strange. The humongous lock of hair jutting out of Strange's forehead is a HUGE laugh. Not a lot of upvotes or comments but geez how could they mess up Strange that badly!? 🤣🤣🤣

In addition to the Sorcerer Supreme, I found several cool drawings on Skribble by artist Catalyst.


The first one is Chibi Strange in his normal pose. as I mean normal, he's levitating thanks to his cloak, summoning the Shields of Seraphim with his magical hands.



And here we have Sinister Strange in the same exact pose. That third eye sure does give the creeps or rather it makes him look very cute!


The final image is Strange's pose from the alternative poster from Multiverse of Madness. The way he poses around glass shards and the magical shields is so amazing! That's one kickass pose! Is it me or does the Eye of Agamotto look like a golden candy bar? 

(drawing coming soon!)

Plus, for my original video game series, Dragoma, I got inspired and based Itsuki Bardis off of Doctor Strange! He even wears a cool cape like Strange does, named Sozu!

More info about him here!

https://dragoma.fandom.com/wiki/Itsuki_Bardis

https://dragoma.fandom.com/wiki/Sozu

Whelp, that's it for the Sorcerer Supreme.

See ya next time! 

Nowi out! 




Bonus: Derpy Strange!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Beyblade Library! (+ MFB movie shrine)

Kimetsu No Aima! (Everything Demon Slayer)

Downtown was alright